Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Passive Aggressive...Face 18 of 29


29 faces


Here's face #18:

"I stopped caring twenty minutes ago."

In a sick, demented way, I really love this face.  It's her eyes, I think.  I see all the problems with the face (because I'm REALLY good at seeing my own mistakes!), but I don't even care.  I slapped this heifer into my precious Gregg journal anyway.  

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has those times when you're listening to someone talk, and they're just going on and on about something you couldn't possibly care less about, and you just know your face has to look like this girl's face...  I know for a fact I'm not the only one who feels this way, because people give me that blank stare a lot!  BUT, I try to do the right thing and shut up when I am on the receiving end of it.  Some people just have no clue about these facial indicators...or don't care...or just like to hear themselves talk...or whatever the reason...and they just...keep...going........  

There have been times in the past two weeks (the duration, so far, of the inexplicable funk cloud that's been hovering over me) that I am pretty sure my face has stayed like this for the entire work day.  That's weird for me, because I like my job, and, in general, I like the people I work with...and, for the most part, I'm just not one to make this kind of face.  I try to be nice and sweet and empathetic...but I've been failing miserably at it recently...at least by my standards.  Usually I don't have to try too hard to be a decent person...now I'm fighting with all my might not to fling poo at people like an angry monkey.  

I'm feeling a little bit better today, I can tell, because I've been laughing a little.  That's always a good sign, right?  It's either a good sign I'm feeling better, or a good sign that I've gone completely insane...only time will tell, I guess... (ha!)  

Whichever thing it is, just know that I promise I'll keep it together...at least until the 29th when it will be showtime for the surprise prize giveaway!  

Until tomorrow...unless of course, they've got me locked away in a padded room... 

3 comments:

  1. :))))) You made me laugh out loud, for real! I love your sense of humor, writing style and artwork. I'm glad I came across your blog. It's great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are magical!I do understand whats you are going through. Welcome aboard, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the expression on her face and you have nailed it exactly. I know exactly what you are talking about. I have actually tried to alter my facial expressions when I'm on the listening end of some enormously boring monolog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!