Sunday, September 15, 2013

Cat Woman...Face 15 of 29


29 faces


Face 15 of 29:

"If I were a cat woman, I'd have scratched your eyes out by now."

I think I've thoroughly lost my muse today...or my muse has gone totally crazy...I'm really just not sure which. 
 
I was sitting at my desk this morning, waiting for inspiration to strike.  I was scanning through my file of pictures to use as reference photos, and I found one I thought would be good for today.  I started sketching her with my pencil when my cat (Snick is her name) came in and decided it was time for me to pay attention to her.  

The odd thing about it is that Snick is not really a lovey cat.  She doesn't really want to be held or petted or even acknowledged most of the time.  She wants to come inside, eat her cat food and then be let back outside...and then repeat the cycle when she chooses.  She has no time for human interaction...she only has time for murdering other animals.  But, apparently, murder cats need love too (every great once in a while), because she would just not leave me alone till I paid attention to her. 

So I let her jump up in my lap and tried to pet her and sketch at the same time, but in Snick's opinion, I needed both hands to pet her so she commenced clawing at my pencil and the hand that was holding it until I gave in to her demands.  She was satisfied at last because she had my full attention and rewarded me by quietly purring...she purrs even more rarely than she wants to be touched...and so it went for about five minutes.  At that point she decided she'd had enough, looked up at me with her yellowish cat eyes, bit my hand ever so gently as a thanks for my service and jumped off my lap, meowing demandingly to be let outside.  

So after coming back from letting her out...I have to give in to her demands, she has the most annoying meow in the history of meows...I started to draw this cat lady with her yellow eyes.  I was thinking about how cats just don't care what other people think...no consequences in cat world, really...  And if I were a cat woman, there are several people who's faces I think I would have a field day with...and quite a few I'd snuggle up to as well, but that's a page for a different day.

I don't know that I like this cat lady, but she has given me a rather brilliant idea for a cat lady of a different type to draw...so that's a good thing.  I do like the lower part of her hair and the shadow on her neck though...and I kind of like her fangs too...maybe those things will show up in the next cat lady I draw.  

I'm still working on my piece for my Facebook friend, having had a little gluing setback, but all is going well now and I just need to do a few more things to finish the piece.  I should have her done by tomorrow and then I can mail her on my lunch break at work!  Huzzah!

In the meantime, don't forget to come back on the 29th for the surprise prize giveaway.  I've decided that you don't have to be my follower in order to get in on the giveaway...it makes me seem desperate and needy.  I want people to read the blog because they like it, not because they feel pressured.  And I want to have a giveaway as a thank you to the nice friends I've made by blogging, not to increase my followers or page views or whatever...I want people to come back because I've got good content and they like what they're reading.  Therefore, the only thing you'll need to do to win is to come back on the 29th to see the prize and then (on the 29th) leave a comment saying you want to be entered to win.  And that's it.  

And now I'm off to make more art so that I can post another face tomorrow. Smooches to you all! <3<3<3

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you!