Sunday, May 5, 2013

Mail Art Goodness!

Oh Happy Day!!!  I got some lovely mail art yesterday!  Happy, happy, joy, joy!  I am doing the dance of happiness!  It mostly involves me frolicking around the house like an idiot...but an idiot who's REALLY happy, and that's what counts! 

First, I will show you this loveliness from fabulous Denise in Canada, the front of the envelope:

The feathers were inside of the envelope too!  Can I just say that when I stuck my finger in the flap and felt those feathers, I had an almost-peed-my-pants moment of "What the crap am I touching?!?"  I was very relieved when I saw the feathers!  I can't wait to use them!

The back of the envelope:
I love those Stamps!  Such neat touches!  

And what was inside the envelope (besides the feathers that scared the crap out of me!):

I love her SO much!  She's even better in real life!!!  Everything about this piece is fabulous and amazing!  I love that the lyrics showing in the sheet music say "hours away; passing too."  I don't know why, but that made me so happy when I saw it!  Thank you, Denise!  

And then, from the wonderful Jana all the way in Sweden:

The envelope:

Aren't those stamps THE COOLEST EVER?!? (I wish we had cool stamps like that...or that I would remember to ask if the post office has cool stamps...)  I love her envelope too!  I will tell you about the pink paper below...


What was in the envelope:
There were many goodies in the envelope, including a tea filter (on the right), a beautiful Swedish smile  at the top, a beautiful leftover piece from where she made the envelope (I REALLY like this piece, and I wonder what it says! ...that will be a great mystery...I will have to ask Jana...the suspense is killing me!) and the neat pink paper. The pink paper is some that Jana had dyed with beet juice!  Isn't that so cool?  I can't wait to use all of these awesome things!

Also in the envelope was:

An awesome kitty for me!  I love it!!!

And this:

An original artwork by Jana!  I loved this piece when I saw it on her website, and I didn't think it was possible, but I love it even more now that I've seen it in real life!  Thank you, Jana!

I wish I was a better photographer so that you could see how totally awesome all my lovely mail art goodies really are!  Ooh, I also have to say before I forget, that both Denise and Jana have THE BEST handwriting ever!  I was reading over the notes they had included and was possibly drooling in jealousy of how beautiful both ladies handwriting is!  

I can't wait to display my lovely art on the wall of my craft room so that I can look at it every day and get the same squishy happy feeling I have now each time I see it!  Thank you ladies so, so much!  You made my whole weekend better!


8 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky dog, you had such a happy mailbox day!!!! These are all so lovely, cannot wait to see what you will be making with your new treasures. Denise and Jana, you both did beautiful work! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They both sent such awesome things! I love all the goodies!

      Delete
  2. LMAO! Glad you like her Sweetred. I was hoping you would get a kick out of the feathers. I was trying to simulate that the bird kind of got eaten by cat woman,and all that was left were the feathers :) Take Care, Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do LOVE her! She's even better in real life than she was in the picture! The feathers are awesome...even if they scared the crap out of me...too funny! I loved that special extra touch!

      Delete
  3. Denise is soooo funny... only feather left. ha ha.

    Great mail, Sweets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She got me good! I wish I could have seen the look on my face, because I am sure my eyes were as big as dinner plates when I touched that feather (without knowing what it was)!

      Delete
  4. Hej Sweetred! (Swedish greeting ;))
    I'm really glad you like everything - that makes MY day :)
    OK, now to solve that mystery:
    "Upplev det vackraste av Dalarna" simply means: "Experience the (most beautiful) best of Dalarna"
    and the small text:
    "spelmännens höjdpunkter i rättvik"
    "(men's game) highlights in Rättvik" ...not sure about the 'men's game' ...could also mean 'highlights of battle of bands' - I would look into the actual article, but I folded that whole magazine into envelopes ;)
    Another explanation reg. Dalarna:
    "Dalarna County (Dalarnas län) is a county or län in middle Sweden. It borders the counties of Jämtland, Gävleborg, Västmanland, Örebro and Värmland." (quote wiki)

    Well, now you know alittle more about Sweden!
    Have fun digesting ;)
    Cheers from the Old World,
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jana for all the goodies and for the translation too! I had to know what it said, it was driving me nuts! If I were smarter, I would really like to learn different languages, and I would completely start with the languages in our group: Swedish, German...and Norwegian (but that one because my husband is of Norwegian descent...I would like to be able to nag him in the language of his heritage! haha)

      I loved the envelope; that's a great idea to cut them from magazines, and I loved the way the address label went along the line of the violin bow (at an angle), that was a really neat touch!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you!