Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Heart Failure

So, here's my Daisy Yellow Prompt6ix #7:

Heart Failure


The prompts this week were:
  1. Science - The writing on the parts with drawing.  The top one says "He" (Helium on the periodic table of elements) and "emulsion of polymer microparticles in an aqueous medium (latex)".  The bottom one says: "Family-Hominidae, Species-Homo Sapien,  Orientation - 2 X chromosomes (female), Age (approximation) -29 years, Status- Deceased, Preliminary exam indicates early life demise due to heart failure, a result of repeated breakage."
  2. Balloon - The top drawing is a heart shaped balloon
  3. Garden - alluded to (garden/roses...I took some liberties with the interpretation of 'garden')  in the quote (the smaller writing reads: "Heap not on this mound roses that she loved so well.  Why bewilder her with roses, that she cannot see or smell?  She is happy where she lies with the dust upon her eyes." This is a poem by my favorite poet, Edna St. Vincent Millay)
  4. Sketch - both images are quick sketches I did, I added the lines/arrows to make it look more like a blue print...I don't know if that comes across well, but I like how it looks and am going to practice this idea more...
  5. Resume - everything is written/sketched on watermarked resume paper
  6. Argyle - is in the background paint... (you can kind of see it behind the paper with the smaller quote on it)
  7. Orange/green - ok, this was by total accident, because I didn't see the notation in the prompt page when I read it, but I actually have orange and green in the background paint! ...I almost didn't add the orange when I was doing the background, but now I'm glad I did...you cannot trick me sneaky, sneaky Daisy Yellow lady...I'm one step ahead of the game I didn't even know we were playing! (haha)
I liked this challenge...I thought of the idea for it pretty fast, which I've not been able to do as quickly with the other two challenges I've done...so either this was an easy one, or I'm building some brain strength!

I'm liking the elements of this page, but I am having a hard time with the "layering"...it kind of looks like the papers are just sitting on the page, not really part of the background...does anybody have any thoughts on  how I can fix this?  It's one of those things I haven't learned yet...  I'd love to hear any thoughts on this, because it's driving me NUTS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!