Saturday, February 16, 2013

Be THAT person.

Who are you when no one is looking...be that person much more often.

I finished this page last night, staying up to the wee hours of the morning to finish...I have got to stop doing that!  At least today was Saturday and I could sleep in and make up for it...

One of the things I'm working on is making interesting backgrounds.  I am bad for drawing the main thing first and then trying to fill in a background and not mess up the main image in the mean time...  With this page, I did the background first (like a normal person!  ...for once)...and it was a different experience for me, because I kept seeing parts of the background I really liked and didn't want to cover over...which shaped the way I decided what to draw.

My favorite thing on the page happened by accident (that's always the way it goes, isn't it?).  I was writing the quote journaling in a light colored marker, so it would blend in, but it was too light, so I wrote over it in a slightly darker color...still too light...so I wrote over it again a couple more times.  I like that you can kind of see the original writing underneath...like a ghost image...or when you're taking a picture and the camera is shaky!  I think it looks pretty neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!