|It is BRIGHT!|
This is the first time I've done a two page spread. It was a little difficult because I did it in the journal I made, and there is a hump where the pages connect...I think it would have worked a little better in the middle of the journal, as opposed to close to the beginning, which is where I did it...less of a hump in the middle of the book (or on one of the middle pages of a signature), but I didn't think about it and here we are... I don't mind so much, but I will know for next time.
And the right page:
Here's a close up of the left page:
And the right page:
This is the breakdown of the six prompts and how I used them:
- Lyrics- I have lyrics from 3 songs on the page, "Your Color" by Mama Kin ( 'The silence pushes into me'; 'You go your way and I'll go mine.'; 'Now my footsteps echo in the hall'; 'I miss your color most of all' ), "Don't You Cry" by Guns and Roses ('You'll be alright now sugar. You'll feel better tomorrow come the morning light...'), and "Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele ( 'I can't help myself I'm looking for you'). I love this prompt to use lyrics in the page... I am a lyric junkie!
- Museum- Is in the journaling, which says: 'I realized my mind was some sort of horrible museum where no one curated the archives of what stayed and what faded away.' Those are my words, inspired by this image: that I saw on Pinterest
- Kaleidoscope- For the background, I cut out a paper snowflake and used it as a stencil! That was A LOT of fun, and I am going to have to do that again! ...and improve my snowflake cutting skills...snow flake intricacy, here I come!
- Tag or Label- On the left page, there's a label (that has the G&R lyrics on it)...I hand cut two bigger labels to go behind (the blue and black outline) the label punch (green part) that I already had to try to balance out the black of her hair on the other page.
- Lime Green- In the background and her hair and the book page ephemera...again, I love you, Dylusions spray inks!
- Tape- I used some washi tape with music notes on it that I had. Woo hoo for kismet!
On a side note, the other night, my husband woke me up by violently shaking me and was saying: "I let it out! I let the snake out!" over and over... He had apparently been dreaming some really weird dream about a snake being lose in the house and crawling under the bed...he was freaking out! After I realized the house wasn't on fire and there wasn't an serial killer in the house, it was hilarious!
I think I must have been thinking about that when I was doing her eyes, because now when I look at her, I think she has creepy snake eyes! Maybe it's the lighter color around the pupil? I don't know...I may have to revisit those eyes and see if I can make them less snaky.