Thursday, March 28, 2013

In My Dreams I'm Free


"In my dreams I'm free and I like the feeling."
The prompt for this page was DREAMS.

I started by doing a gesso transfer of the image of the little girls face.  And I got impatient and started rubbing the paper off before it was completely dry...hence the image not being all there...but it's ok, I kind of like it that way.  I went over the page in a couple different colors of alcohol ink after that.

Then I glued down some ephemera.  The top heart is crackled, with teal as the background and red over top...it's kind of hard to see in the picture.  The bottom heart is a book page where I did a crayon resist over a Tim Holtz embossing folder and sprayed with Dylusions spray inks.  The purple is an ATC size piece of manila folder.  I wrote the word "Free" on it, getting the lettering style inspiration from something I saw on Pinterest.  I went over it with alcohol ink.  After I glued that in, I wrote the rest of the journaling.  I am becoming lettering obsessed, as per the plan, and I like the lettering on this page pretty good.  I have to work on spacing things out a little better...perhaps if I had a plan before I started...or did a pencil sketch first...I'll work on that...

Lastly, I found a really nice and easy tutorial for how to make the little paper butterflies HERE.  (I love origami!)  I sprayed them with Dylusions to match the crackle heart and glued them down...and that's that.

2 comments:

  1. The crackle heart is very cool. I need to try that. Your lettering is getting better and better. I hate it when they are right... practice, practice, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Boo! I have had the crackle medium FOREVER and kind of forgot about it...I was just playing around with it the other day and remembered just how cool it is! There may be a large pile of crackled things lying about at this point...*shifty eyes*...I never do things part way...that's for sure...

    Thanks for the lettering compliment as well! That's my new obsession...I WILL DO BETTER!!! I hate it when they're right too...haha... :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!