Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fight

For JOURNAL 52 this week, the prompt was "Wise Words" and here's what I came up with:


"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

Oh, so true Ms. Thatcher...in so many different areas of life...

It sometimes seems like all the battles I fight are constantly repeating in a never ending cycle.

I wonder if other people feel that way too, or is it something I do to myself?  

I guess the point is to keep fighting, right?  And one day, I'll be out of the trenches.

I'm looking forward to that.


Gratuitous closeup.  Relative happiness with the shading of the eyes...not so much with the highlights of them...

I went a little different for this face, as facial perfection is one of my constant battles.  I went back and watched some of the videos for Jane Davenport's "Express Yourself" workshop, especially the lesson about eyes.  I think this girl's eyes are very much "Jane" eyes...or at least the closest I could get her to have.  I was thinking about going back in and fixing the shading around those "Jane" eyes, until I realized that it kind of looked like the girl has two black eyes from all the battles she's constantly fighting...then I decided I like those shiners she's got and decided to let them alone.  She's earned her battle scars!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweets, she is so lovely and the quote is perfect. Hugs, Pamikins

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!