Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Darn Skippy

I feel like a bit of a cheat for this week's JOURNAL 52 page.  I had already done the background...it was one of my attempts at the sky idea I had in my head for last week's prompt, but they just refused to work out how I wanted them to, so I figured I'd just use them for backgrounds for some other project.  I didn't think I'd use one quite so fast though...

In addition to having an already done background, I just did a sketchy girl on the page with a plain old ink pen...all in all, I might have spent fifteen minutes on her...  Recently, I've been going gangbusters on my pages and they take me a long while to finish, so this quick gal feels a little bit like a rip off...but then again, I like her so much that I think she's perfect exactly how she is:

"The sign of intelligence is that you are constantly wondering.
Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life."
-Vasudev

The prompt for J52 this week was "create a page in your journal for someone in your thoughts this week who needs a little love, hope, and encouragement – even if that person happens to be yourself!"

I just felt too awkward to make an encouraging page for someone who would never actually see the encouraging page...or else I am just awfully self-centered...I'm not sure which.  Either way, I ended up using a quote that makes me feel better personally...especially with that sassy gal giving me that funny look...

I got the quote while scrolling through Pinterest, my one-stop inspiration shop, and it really is something I needed to hear.  Whether it's true or not, it made me feel better.

I spend a lot of mental energy plotting different options.  I question everything...and then question those questions.  I sometimes wonder if I'm alone in this...because most people I know don't seem to be that way.  I think a lot of people see the surface of things and accept them at face value.  I am not that way...probably to a fault...I tend to need more information before I accept anything.  And even then, I suppose, my opinions are subject to change...so maybe I never really accept anything fully.  The funny thing is that I will also stick by my opinions and defend them relentlessly.  

A friend of mine told me that I always have to be right...but that's not really true.  I just need someone to show me why I should change my mind.  I like to think that I am not one to blindly follow...no matter how much I like a person, if I think they're wrong, they're wrong until they prove otherwise.  And being like that kind of goes back to the fact that I question everything.  Most of the time, I've already thought of the other side of the discussion...so I know what the problems are with that other side.  I don't like to argue, but discussing things...well that's a whole different kettle of fish...

Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me because of my constant questioning and need for information.  I know that everybody is different and that the world would be boring if we were all the same, but when everyone around you is one way and you are another...it's easy to feel weird about your quirks...and I do have quite a few of those to feel weird about.

My sassy, sketchy gal pal and the quote on my journal page are to remind me that maybe it's a good thing I'm not so sure about what's going on in my life...

But then again, I could be wrong...

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!